Biggy-Ziggy
 
Monday, November 23, 2009
Feel the Funk
I apologize for not writing much about the general goings on around here. I'm in a funk. Things are happening, not good things to my family and my friends and I'm feeling it too much. I'll be watching Life is Beautiful or What Dreams May Come and have myself a good cry then deal--albeit with ridiculously puffy eyes.

And I will note that Goose and I were making turkeys today and to show her getting dirty wasn't a big deal I smeared orange and brown paint all over my face, forgot and then went to the post office and the grocery store and talked with the neighbor. It wasn't until six hours later that Ziggy got home and asked me what the heck was on my face that I took a look in the mirror...

And without further adieu, here's a story that could be a movie told in the awesomeness style that is the Decemberists. It's sad and cathartic, though not in the same way as Roberto Begnini...
posted by Lori @ 7:47 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At November 23, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Blogger Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said…

    I'm so sorry that you are in a funk. I hope things get better soon!!

     
  • At November 27, 2009 at 1:18 AM, Blogger Marky McBray said…

    What is happening with the family?

    Did I show you this song? Also if you like the Decemberists you should listen to "The Mariner's Revenge Song". It is my second favorite of their songs. The first, if you are wondering, is "Yankee Bayonet". Love you!

     
  • At December 8, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope things are looking up for you. I'm sorry you lost your Oma. My friends Oma adopted me a little while back and they are great women. I'm sure you have great memories. We love the Decemberists over here so thanks for putting this song on here! Visiting in from SITS.

    My best, Lynn

     

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER