Biggy-Ziggy
 
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Sacramento Area Pumpkin Patches: Zittel Farms

Ok, I'm a bit mad at those people who gave me DNA and call me their daughter. How could you never take me to this place?

Zittel Farms has been around since 1976 (longer than me, guys) and is the perfect pumpkin patch for pictures and frugality. It's located in Folsom on Oak and Folsom-Auburn Rd. right across from the lake.

Pros: Reasonable Pricing
Fantastic Pumpkin Backdrops
Free Wagons
Goats and Sheep are friendly, non-biting and clean
Thoughtful laying out of pumpkins to make a track for wagons
Pony rides (only on weekends-cost unknown)
Carriages and old wagons to play on
Kids' area for corn scooping and rocking horses
Free Parking

Cons: No big kid attractions like mazes or rides, aka bring your own bribes!
Credit cards only on transactions over $10 and a fee
A bit small. If it were crowded, you'd probably have to park at McDonald's down
the street, which wouldn't have been a bad thing to Ziggy...

I can't say enough nice things about this farm. Goose and Monkey would have been so happy to just sit and play in the kids area for the whole day, which is interesting since it didn't have many thrills, it was old-fashioned fun. The staff was so knowledgeable about where their kids' rocking chairs came from and who made them; how the animals would handle the kids; and even when I like the fool that I am realized that I forgot to bring my cash, the man was willing to bargain with me, which made me feel terrible and almost caused us to end up with a huge painted gourd.

This is going to be the first place we take the kids in the fall from now on. I want to drag Ziggy there right now for family pictures, but I know it's not going to happen this year due to schedules.



posted by Lori @ 3:03 PM  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER