Biggy-Ziggy
 
Monday, June 22, 2009
Father's Day

My dad is awesome. He's the kind of dad that would give you his still beating heart from his chest if he knew it would help. When you're a kid you think your dad is a superhero, but for me, well, I still think my dad is a superhero.

He takes after his mom (my amazing grandma) in that he would sit and listen--or at least, not look too glazed over, as I rambled on as only diarrhea mouth could/can. He taught me to be MacGuyver-like and make do with what I had (and thirty PVC pipe flutes later, I still thought he was Super Dad). He relishes the time he gets with the grandkids. He won't even say anything about the fact that essentially yesterday all I gave him was a rock and some gum. He's a wonderful guy, and I'm lucky that he's my dad (and that he cares enough to read this blog post. Dad, Father's Day is over, get to work!)
posted by Lori @ 6:19 AM  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER