Biggy-Ziggy
 
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Happy Bastille Day (or why Iraq Hates the Ziggy Household)

Happy Bastille Day or le quatorze juillet! Sorry Iraq, we didn't know you were going to make this your independence day too until too late. No libraries were open!






I sort of felt like the mom in Better Off Dead today, since I don't know much about French culture, but I did abstain from FRENCH fries and FRENCH dressing and Perrier. (I love that movie!)

We started out the day storming the Bastille and reading about the French Revolution from our France fact book. We have read all eight of our Fancy Nancy books and written down all the French words.

Goose's favorite activity was the French Flag we made with melted crayons (I'll post pictures later).


On our menu for the day was cereal (was going to be french toast but I was too busy cleaning) quiche for lunch (this is amazing, it had broccoli, spinach, bell peppers, onions and a little cheese--the best way to get the kids eating veggies!) and even though it's Swiss, the word is French so we're having fondue tonight for dinner. For dessert it's sorbet and afterward fireworks! YAY!

Perhaps the biggest tip off that Goose and Monkey are down with the French Revolution facts I've been throwing at them all day? They really didn't want to take naps and totally tried to overthrow my government! Mommy Antoinette put the smackdown on them though, and offered not cake, but gummy worms. (Please forgive the terrible changing of history it's a total faux pas!)

And if you like French music, this is a song Goose and I have been listening to today. And of course you can watch great fireworks displays on Youtube, too!
posted by Lori @ 4:35 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At July 15, 2009 at 6:18 AM, Blogger Jena said…

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway. Good luck! (And you have some great ideas on your blog.)

     

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER