Biggy-Ziggy
 
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Pussycat, Pussycat, Where Have You Been?

I wish I'd could say we've been doing fun stuff around here, but alas, I've been having to break out the devil horns all too often. I also find myself gritting my teeth so much I freak and think I will have to go to the dentist. By the way, this post is going to be pretty boring, I'm not editing myself, so I'm droning on like two hours of Celebrity Apprentice.

Goose has discovered wrestling. I'm talking Mickey Rourke style, though without the drugs. Last week she grabbed Monkey by the shoulders pushed him to the ground and jumped on him. Time out. Doing her hair that night she hit him with a lotion bottle. NO STORY. The next day she grabs his wrist and starts squeezing and twisting it. THAT'S IT! YOU LOST YOUR BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!

I'm not totally crazy. She gets to earn it back. For every portion of the day that she doesn't hurt him and she listens to me, we mark a square with a sticker.

So I've been keeping them as busy as possible. I think she has made a thousand watercolor paintings and we have hit the playground or gone for a long bike ride everyday. Which keeps me fried and then makes me sit like a vegetable in front of movies with the laptop whilst entering millions of giveaways.

Ziggy's been wonderful though. He took the kids out to play at the mall (and pick out a candle that Goose was excited about because it smells like my Grandpa--which all have agreed smells like him, aka cigarettes and strong cologne, classy Sears) and give me some alone time. Alone time is funny because it makes me feel guilty and I end up cleaning the house and wishing they were back so I wouldn't have to be scrubbing toilets. But he gave me the best gift of all over the weekend--

uninterrupted ipod control!

He and I are very different. We don't make any sense and that's why we work. He loves Britney Spears and boy bands. He had an "Achy Breaky Heart" and country line danced as a kid. I, on the otherhand, like music that has words I don't hear all the time, like "trajectory" or "kerosene", or songs with allegories and other stories. So I listened to all my favorite indie music and the Beatles and funny stuff without him begging for Rhianna or Kanye West. It was better than a gift--seriously.

So now I need to get back in the swing of things and work on learning up my kids. So it's back to planned activities, and no longer ignoring things here.
posted by Lori @ 12:54 AM  
2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER