Biggy-Ziggy
 
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Wordy Wednesday

We were lucky enough to win a copy of We're Sailing to Galapagos by Laurie Krebs (if you are interested you could check out Michelle's site for Barefoot Books). It's another very rhythmic book, and Goose and Monkey like to sit in my lap and sail in my "lap boat". It throws out names of indigenous animals in the islands, and while there isn't much information to glean from the story, the back of the book has info about all of the animals. Of course this is one of Goose's favorites because of volcano images in the beginning and then the show stopper, LAVA CRABS! I think we've read their info fifty times. She is now making up songs where "lava crabs" is all she says to the tune of "if you're happy and you know it", cute, but not after twenty minutes in the car...

UPDATE: At a Whole Foods Earth Day celebration Goose stumped the face painter by asking for a lava crab. She then proceeded to describe in detail it's physical characteristics, stuff I hadn't even noticed! So maybe it's the power of the book, maybe it's her observation skills but nevertheless, she never ceases to blow me away.
posted by Lori @ 10:35 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At May 4, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Blogger Fairion said…

    I am so glad that Goose and Monkey both love it. The joy of learning these and all the Barefoot Books inspire is why I fell in love with them.

    Check out the other travel stories by Laurie Krebs.

     

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER