Biggy-Ziggy
 
Friday, April 17, 2009
Fruitful Friday
We've been using lots of magazines in our crafts, and it's giving me a complex. Now, I don't mind that Goose can name the First Lady, and I'm pretty psyched when she can name exotic animals, but do I really want her caring about Beyonce? We keep flipping through magazines trying to find lots of color and there's all these ads and celebrities on the pages, and while she doesn't ask about who they are or why mouths are open in that way with bright red lipstick, I can't help but think that she's absorbing it all.

I remember watching a movie in my first class in college talking about how we're bombarded with ads even without tv, radio or print. And I want to put the super empowered woman magazine in front of Goose and make her look for pretty colors in that.

But the flowers we've made have turned out pretty (no camera at the moment, no pics--sorry). And in honor of Mother Earth I bought some Freshaire paint from Home Depot to paint the trim on the dog house that my wonderful dad made. Low VOC paint doesn't smell like much, and maybe that's because it's outside (which I know since it's outside doesn't quite give me all the indoor benefits, but it's still nice not to have to think about taking it to a drop off). I'll post pictures of the house and the flowers once I get my act together.

Oh, and Hi Mom! Thank you for reading this!
posted by Lori @ 11:43 PM  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER