Biggy-Ziggy
 
Sunday, March 28, 2010
For UM Going Away

Know that we will miss you.

Know that it's highly likely that I will hear "Where Unk Mark?" every day for the next three months, despite the same answer every time.

Know that you can do great things.

Know that you can do disgusting things so try to keep your spaghetti-nose trick to yourself. People don't trust people who eat food from their noses.

Know that you're cooler and braver than me--both for doing what you're doing now, and for being the first one to try Buttered Popcorn Jelly Bellies.

Know that we support you no matter what, and if it's some weird sign of solidarity to bedeck ourselves in yellow ribbon, we will.

Know that no matter how fast you run during basic, I will kick your butt running on the Wii (though bowling is strictly yours).

Know we will write you often.

Know that I will always be around to talk/write/facebook or whatever about the past like we did during Christmas when Grandma and Grandpa would take over my room and I'd see you in "dreamland" or about whatever else you want to talk about.

Know that the record high for Arizona heat was 128 degrees, June 29, 1994, but that it's not as bad as some place in Arkansas...so it could be worse than a summer in the desert.

More than anything else,

Know that we love you.
posted by Lori @ 5:58 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At March 29, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Blogger Marky McBray said…

    Thank you very much! I will miss you as well and I have been thinking about how sad it will be when the kids ask about me. I know I will be thinking of them often; I'll wonder how much Salem's annunciation has increased, as well as how Mari is doing at her new school.

    Just know that no matter what happens, whether I hate it or end up thinking its everything I had imagined, you and the family will be in my thoughts.

    I love you all very much!

    Love,
    Unk Mark (no typo)

     
  • At April 8, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lori, I didn't have much of a way to contact you, but you have won Divine By Blood from my contest. Please email me at jenpolkmiller (at) gmail (dot) com.

     

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER