Biggy-Ziggy
 
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Monkey's Party, or Why My Family is More Talented than I

That post title might need to be "me" but I'm lazy and not looking it up right now...

Anyhoo, I just wanted to show my favorite decorations from Monkey's party. Little Man digs anything that has a motor so we dig a "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" type theme. I wanted something to match this framed fabric I got from Urban Thimble about a year ago.

After running around for a full day trying to find rudimentary type vehicle die cuts (No Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater!) and having a very sad conversation with one of my Michaels brethren about what a die cut was, I came up empty handed.

Frustrated and crazed I fell asleep Friday night while watching Public Enemies with Ziggy. I woke up to find this.


He made them while I was asleep! I strung them together with some simple black yarn and they were a perfect garland for the stairs. I swear that man makes me want to punch him sometimes with how good he is--artistically and otherwise.



Goose wanted her brother's guests to walk in on a road like they were cars. So she picked out some inexpensive black gift wrap at the party supply store and taped it down. When she took some of the black color off by accident by dropping the tape, we made it into lanes. Then I helped her make a straight line of yellow paint for the road divider. She's got some good ideas, that one. Some may have asked what the heck it was, but I thought it was perfect!

Thanks, guys for such a good party.
posted by Lori @ 1:55 AM  
1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER