Biggy-Ziggy
 
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Worth a Listen: Come on Get Happy
The chronicles of my Ordinary and Awesome life, family, and thoughts at www.ordinaryandawesome.com. Ordinary and Awesome is also the Mostly Wordless Wednesday headquarters as well as the home to several original awards and memes.


Some of these are funny, some are ones that simply make me happy.

I Had to recuse myself from FOTC to have a reasonable amount of songs here...Plus, not being much of a swearer, I think songs with swearing are great, so you probably want to refrain from Lily Allen and Mike Skinner, unless your kids are used to it!

I'll start with the light stuff... Barenaked Ladies is a great band and phenomenal live (those Canucks are so clever). Goose loves this song too, and because of it watched a Nova science special about the rebuilding of the Parthenon. This is the smartest four year old ever! By the way, this version was done in the bathroom.


Just the name "Skankin Pickle" automatically makes me laugh. I wish that I had known that one of the guys was in Sac last year, the kids and I would have been there with our lighters!


Here's some silliness for pure silliness' sake:


Who knew murder could be so fun? The background music is just so perfect and it reminds me of my mom (memories, not the subject...)


Ever had your heart broken? Here's an instant pick me up:


I loved Less Than Jake, I think it's safe to say that my dad did not when I forced him to listen to it over and over in the wagoneer...


"The Streets" is a great band and Mike Skinner is very funny here.






So in high school our PE teacher was really into eighties music and every Thursday was an hour long run in the gym, guess what was on loop that whole time? It still makes me want to run...


Southpark appeals to me for those teenage instincts, and I love Clef, this makes me laugh despite sad gang deaths or bubblegoose injuries, whatever that is...
posted by Lori @ 3:08 PM  
2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER