Biggy-Ziggy
 
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Weekly Worth a Listen - Songs that Make you Cry
The chronicles of my Ordinary and Awesome life, family, and thoughts at www.ordinaryandawesome.com. Ordinary and Awesome is also the Mostly Wordless Wednesday headquarters as well as the home to several original awards and memes.
These get me everytime. Some are so sad in and of themselves, others I listened to over and over again for catharsis in times of loss.

Eleanor Rigby – The Beatles (first song that ever made me cry)


This Brutal place – The Heaters
I couldn’t find a video for this! It’s a wonderful song off of “Living in a Sitcom”

For the Widows in Paradise – Sufjan Stevens


Gunpowder – Wyclef Jean (Clef’s voice is amazing.)


What Can I Say – Brandi Carlisle


Still Fightin It - Ben Folds (always makes me think of Monkey)


Fair – Ben Folds Five


The Road to Mandalay – Robbie Williams


Handbags and Gladrags (I loved Extras. It was hard to watch knowing this song came up at the end every time)


Puff the magic dragon – Peter, Paul and Mary
posted by Lori @ 9:40 AM  
4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER