Biggy-Ziggy
 
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Weekly Worth A Listen - Childhood Memories
The chronicles of my Ordinary and Awesome life, family, and thoughts at www.ordinaryandawesome.com. Ordinary and Awesome is also the Mostly Wordless Wednesday headquarters as well as the home to several original awards and memes.

Money for Nothin – Dire Straits You have no idea how many times I made my parents get the tape because we’d worn it out. I think they played it over and over again to hear me say the word “again!” as a baby. (I couldn’t find the video available anywhere!)


Dream On – Aerosmith Because nothing says kids’ music like my mom, brother and I pretending to snort coke like Steven Tyler on a road trip


I Can’t Drive 55 – Sammy Hagar Big shout out to my dad!


Water Cycle Boogie – Banana Slug String Band (though Butt’s Up was listened to far more, but this one was around…)


Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting – Elton John Where else would my love for dancing on coffee tables come from?


Live to Tell - Madonna Even though I was in high school when the Immaculate Collection came out, I know you were dancing while I was in Starbucks to this, DAD…


You’re My Best Friend – Queen “You’re my best thing…”


Gangsta’s Paradise – Coolio Probably the first song that I listened to that wasn’t one my parents introduced to me. Ziggy knows every single word and can do the whole thing karaoke style.


Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite – The Beatles This song is forever linked to Disney;and’s Haunted Mansion for me.


Until it Sleeps – Metallica And here my brother proved he was cooler than me. This video scared me when I first saw it. My brother thought, “cool, snakes!” And then my love for metal arose from his playing of this over and over again
posted by Lori @ 4:48 PM  
1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER