Biggy-Ziggy
 
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Wordy Wednesday

Up, Down and Around by Katherine Ayres

Goose keeps asking for this one, and more than likely it's due to the physical aspect of the story. I love it because it ties in great with spring and all the planting and gardening we've been doing. She loves it (and Monkey, too) because there is ton of actions in it.

I'll give you three guesses as to what those actions are...hint: take a look at the title. So it talks about how the different plants in a garden grow: up, down or around; then they reap the rewards of harvest. The kids love that I let them sit in my lap and as we read I lift them up with my knees, or slide them down, or, you got it, rock them around.

The illustrations are good, but they like the repetitions and actions the best. It's a very good picture book for the 1-4 crowd.

What stories have you read recently?
posted by Lori @ 10:32 PM  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER