Biggy-Ziggy
 
Monday, March 23, 2009
I forgot!
So, last Master Plan Monday, I mentioned that I would share the color bottle craft from when I was in kindergarten.

I had the coolest teacher, and she would make bottles with all of the secondary colors, but since we're having Pad Thai for dinner tonight, and I need to get more oil tomorrow, I only did green.




What you'll need

1 Empty Bottle
Water
Oil
McCormick Food Coloring
Oil Based food coloring (we got ours at Michaels with the candy making supplies)
Tape

Fill the bottle halfway with water. Add five to seven drops of food coloring. In a separate container mix oil (we used a water bottle, so I knew that the amount of oil we'd need was half of 17 oz.) and oil based food coloring. Add your colored oil to the bottle. Twist cap on bottle tightly and seal with tape.

Because Oil and water don't mix, the colors will always separate, but when shaken they are transparent enough where your eye sees the color they make. It's a good way to always remind Goose what colors mix to make the secondary colors, but still be physical (and not messy!). A sad, teething, Monkey even liked it!
posted by Lori @ 9:36 AM  
2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER