Biggy-Ziggy
 
Friday, March 20, 2009
Spring Reading Thing
I'm taking a bit of a break from talking about Goose and Monkey, although I am extremely happy to report that Monkey sat and read two whole stories with me in my lap yesterday! That's like finding something at a Hof Brau that I could actually eat!

I have a big list of books to read and some that I've started and never got around to. Calladipper Days is hosting a Spring Reading Thing, as you can see by the button. I can't wait! Hopefully this will keep me accountable!

So, without further adieu, here's my list:

1. Austen - Mansfield Park
2. Hosseini - The Kite Runner
3. Gregory - The Other Queen
4. Morrisson - Song of Solomon
5. Ginsberg - Howl

It's a pretty pithy amount, but I don't know if this counts, but I have not read a New Yorker since last November. I love them. I read them cover to cover, but I have about twenty that I need to get through, in additon to polishing off my new ones, my Rolling Stone, and various Parenting magazines (I get five a month). Time to get down to it!
posted by Lori @ 2:04 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At March 20, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Blogger MamaGames - Alexa C. said…

    I enjoyed The Kite Runner and Song of Solomon... I haven't read any of Phillippa Gregory's books, I'd love to hear what you think of The Other Queen.

     
  • At March 24, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I want to read Kite Runner.. it just never seems to get on the list. Have fun reading this Spring.

     
  • At March 24, 2009 at 8:20 PM, Blogger Ashley Wells said…

    Enjoy your list!

    -Ashley

     
  • At March 30, 2009 at 6:46 PM, Blogger Katrina said…

    Oh, I hear you on the magazines -- I probably should have included a magazine-reading goal in my list. My pile is threatening to fall over.

    The only book I've read from your list is The Kite Runner -- good book. Hard to read at times, but still very good.

    Thanks for being part of the challenge!

     

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER