Biggy-Ziggy
 
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Ode to Hot Glue (aka homemade costumes)
We are the Scary Spooks,
And I am the bringer of dreams,
nightmares, and monsters,
of green jumping beans.
Were it not for you I would dash
all the hopes and bright faces
Hot Glue, thanks to you,
My kids will be looking aces...

And without further adieu, here are the all-nighter costumes (Max's Wolf Suit ripped off from Katydid and Kid, though not as amazing as hers, owing to four hours and only hand stitching and the wonderful hot glue that has properly removed any trace of fingerprints).


Goose picked a jumping bean for her costume months ago...This is wrapped rabbit fence wired together, padded with polyfil and wrapped in fleece.



And finally, Ziggy's piece de resistance, the crocheted One-Eyed-One-Horned-Flying- Purple-People-Eater, which I will post a better picture of on Friday. It's 4:30 am and I want to go to bed!

posted by Lori @ 4:12 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At November 2, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Blogger Kathleen W. said…

    Oh my gosh, how great! I'm sorry I didn't come over here sooner, after you left me a comment. I'm so backlogged on emails and responding to comments.

    Anyhow, that is amazing, that you were able to get these all done in a night. I've been there before, though not with the costume on my blog, but with other project. Kudos to you!

     

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER