Biggy-Ziggy
 
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Weekly Worth a Listen - Cover Up!


Chelsea's topic this week are our favorite covers, so here are some of my favorites.

1. September (Earth, Wind and Fire Cover) - Pomplamoose


2. Time to Pretend (MGMT Cover) - Paolo Nutini
I still love the original, but Nutini has a pretty cool voice and makes it a bit more kid-friendly...


3. Gin and Juice (Snoop Dogg cover) - Phish
This is pretty hilarious I must say. I'm not really a Phish follower (unless Ben and Jerry's counts) but this song is so perfect.


4. We Go Together (from Grease) - Less than Jake
I love Less than Jake, and this cover reminds me of playing Patty in Grease...good times.


5. Paparazzi (Lady Gaga cover) - Greyson Chance
Pretty amazing for an 11 year old, and even if you don't like it, watching the girls' faces is hilarious.


6. Use Somebody (Kings of Leon cover) - Paramore


7. Crazy in Love (Beyonce cover) - Switchfoot
There are some great Beyonce covers. Pomplamoose has a good one too.


8. Romeo and Juliet (Dire Straits cover) - The Killers
I don't know that this is as good as the original but I have a soft spot for Dire Straits and the Killers alike so it's fun to hear one take.


9. I've Just Seen a Face (Beatles cover) - Across the Universe (that George Boleyn guy mainly)
This scene was so cool and who doesn't love this song?


10. Dreaming of You (The Coral cover) - Adele
posted by Lori @ 1:42 AM  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER