Biggy-Ziggy
 
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Will you be My Friend?

Goose is keeping with the nightmares and the more I see and hear, the more I think they're stemming from her feelings regarding being alone.

Yesterday, during her twenty minutes of quiet time she began sobbing that she was scared and lonely. Now, she may just be trying to get out of her room, and her deal with me to give me time to get lunch cleaned up, but her tears seemed pretty genuine. Coupled with her midnight "don't leave me" pleas as she's screaming in her sleep and I'd say I'm on the right track.

Kids at school still haven't fully adjusted to Goose being there. While she's greeting everyone and attempting to do kung fu (Carl Douglas style), some of the girls will share her enthusiasm for a time, but the boys flat out tell her she's not funny, or that they don't want to play with her, or that they don't like her dancing. (I'm not above elbowing little kids that hurt mine, and probably would have if Goose didn't hug on me post rebuff).

Combine that with the neighbor kids, whom she adores, teasing her about being slower than them (4 year old versus 8 and 9 year olds--go figure. But still, Goose doesn't know better).

It's hard. I didn't realize that kids were so tough on each other so early on. I just want to hug her and ask her to be my friend always, but at the same time I need her to learn to like herself and let others learn to like who she is too.

So how do we get through this? Any ideas?
posted by Lori @ 5:42 AM  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Lori
Home: Sacramento-ish, California, United States
About Me: I want to make things better.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Blogrolling
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER